In the car.
For those who decide to arrive by car, Corniglia can be reached from LA SPEZIA, along the A12 Genova-Livorno and A15 Parma-LaSpezia motorway, exiting at the “La Spezia" tollbooth, follow the signs for the “Cinqueterre" (SS370 Litoranea Cinqueterre) .
“ATTENTION: for those coming from Genoa , we recommend the La Spezia exit, as following the indications of Google Maps , which recommends taking the Levanto exit, passage on some roads to get to Corniglia is not guaranteed. “
Highway barrier of Santo Stefano Magra
– A15, 19020 La Spezia SP
– Use the right lane to take the exit towards La Spezia
– Keep left to continue on Via Giosuè Carducci / Viadotto Carducci
– Continue to follow Via Giosuè Carducci – 1.8 km
– Use the 2 left lanes to turn left onto Viale Italia – 1.9 km
– At the Giuseppe Oriana roundabout, take the 1st exit and take Viale Giovanni Amendola – 900 m
– Turn left and take Via Nicolò Fieschi / SP530 – 1.0 km
– At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit and take Via delle Cinque Terre / SP370
– Continue to follow SP370 -13.9 km
– At the roundabout, go straight on SP51 – 6.7 km
– Drive in the direction of Via Stazione in Corniglia – 11 min (4.8 km)
– Turn left to stay on SP51 – 1.5 km
Arrival in Corniglia
Click on Directions to calculate the route.
The most comfortable and recommended way to reach Corniglia is by train, the train station is located at sea level and to reach the town you can use the 5 Terre National Park minibuses which run the service throughout the day until 20.00.
The railway line that serves Corniglia is one of the main ones in Italy, the GENOA-ROME and the long-distance trains find the ideal stop in the La Spezia station where you can take the LOCAL trains that serve the Cinqueterre every 45 minutes.
The train is also the ideal way to visit the 5 TERRE considering that the average duration of the journey from one village to another is about 5 minutes.
We also recommend refuel , as there are no petrol stations in the Cinqueterre.